Wildlife conservation and research in Asia
ALIYA supports projects, organisations and events which are active in wildlife conservation on a scientific basis.
We primarily support the Centre for Conservation and Research (CCR) in Sri Lanka in their research activities and efforts in saving the Asian elephant in Sri Lanka, in the mitigation of conflicts between humans and these animals.
Activities of ALIYA
- Information (mainly via website, newsletter, Facebook and Instagram):
- Publication of selected research articles and summaries in German
- Information about activities, results and successes of CCR Sri Lanka
- Information on animal species, national parks and research projects in Sri Lanka
- Support of CCR Sri Lanka in terms of finances and material procurement
- Cooperation with Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW): Biannual lectures as part of the module "Wildlife Management"
About CCR & ALIYA in English
About CCR & ALIYA in Deutsch